This course focuses on the basics of computer programming and how to give a machine a set of instructions to produce a desired behavior. This course also provides information on the elements of programming and programming languages, frameworks, and models. The course includes an interactive programming game, interactive knowledge checks, and the chance to write a fully functional code.
- Define programming.
- Describe the structure and purpose of major programming paradigms.
- Explain the difference between high-level and low-level languages.
- Describe the uses of scripting and compiled languages.
- State the elements of programming.
- Explain when to use a variable in programming.
- List basic data types.
- State how operators are used in programming.
- Explain why logic and flow are important in programming.
- State the purpose of programming frameworks.
Training Purpose: Skill Development
Training Proficiency Area: Level 1 - Beginner
Alignment to the NIST SP 800-181 Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
|Category||Specialty Area||Work Roles|
||Systems Requirements Planning
||Systems Requirements Planner
||Research & Development Specialist
||Test and Evaluation
||System Testing and Evaluation Specialist